Thursday 23 August 2012

Homophones: The words which have same sound but different spelling and different meaning.

Allowed: I was not allowed to go outside.
Aloud: She read the letter aloud.

Ant: I killed an ant by mistake.
Aunt: My aunt is very clever.

Band: I need one rubber band.
Banned: That movie was banned cinemas.

Be: You should be happy.
Bee: A bee can give you disease.

Billed: He was billed to appear but could not show up.
Build: I will build an inn in memory of my grandfather.

Board: Board of director was not agreed to him.
Bored: I got bored in boring meeting.

Brake: You should check your vehicle brake before using the vehicle.
Break: You will be fined for coming late.

By: I go to my office by bus.
Buy: I have to buy two bags.

Carrot: Carrot is a rich source of vitamin A.
Carat: Pure gold is 24 carat gold.

Cell: A battery is consisted of many cell(s).
Sell: I want to sell my bicycle.

Cent: There are 100 cent(s) in 1 dollar.
Sent: Thief was sent to central jail.

Cereal: A bowl of cereal is good for health daily.
Serial: Police arrested the serial killer.

Dear: she is very dear to me.
Deer: I saw many deer(s) in the Zoo.

Dew: In the morning grass was wet with dew.
Due: My last installment is due.

Die: No body wants to die before age.
Dye: He has to dye his gray hair.

Eye: She has pain in my eye.
I: I want to do something for humanity.

Hole: There was big hole in the pipe.
Whole: We have to repeat the whole process again.

Hour: You have one hour to finish this task.
Our: You are our best friend.

Idle: He is very idle person.
Idol: Sachin Tendulkar is cricket idol.

In: There was very dark in the room.
Inn: There was a big inn in the city.

Knew: I knew him already.
New: He had a new car.

None: None of you is good writer.
Nun: There were six nuns in the church.

Nose: He has very long nose.
Knows: He knows everybody in his company.

Not: He is not a good singer.
Knot: Please tie a knot at the end of the rope.

Role: He played his role in the movie fantastically.
Roll: Children roll the ball across the floor.

Rose: Rose gives very attractive smell.
Rows: He booked all the seats  in two rows.

Sail: The ship sail(s) in the evening.
Sale: There is sale for jacket in the market.

Scene: Please don't try to creat the scene.
Seen: I have seen almost all hotel in this city.

Which: In which class do you read?
Witch: A witch is a woman who is supposed to have magical powers.





We will try to add more Homophones.

No comments:

Post a Comment