Tuesday 21 August 2012

Homonyms


What are homonyms?
These are the words which have the same sound and same spelling but different meaning.

Examples:

Saw:
1- They saw him in the market.
2- They have a saw.

Mole:

1- She has a mole on her left cheek.
2- The fur of a mole is useful in making garments.

March:
1- It was a long march.
2- The march month comes after February.
3- They march to the India Gate daily.

Mine:
1- Her father has one diamond mine.

2- He is the best friend of mine.

Bear:
1- He cannot bear him.
2-A bear could be very harmful to human.

Right:
1- I am right h:anded person.
2- He is right in this situation.
3- Freedom is my birth right.

Reel:
1- An actor's reel life is different from real life.
2- He reeled into the room.

File:
1- You should file a complaint against fake dealers.
2- A file is used to smooth metal parts.

Dial:
1- You have to dial a number after taking the receiver off the hook.
2- My watch dial was broken yesterday.

Like:
1- I would like to have one cup of tea.
2- Like father like son.

Crop:
1- The crop was not good due to lack of rain water.
2- I had to crop my picture due to big size.

Fair:
1- She has a fair complexion.
2- The Trade Fair, in India, is organised at Pragati Maidan.

Kind:
1- There are many kinds of religions in India.
2- We should  be kind to the poor people.

Fat:
1- Fat is not good for health.
2- He is very fat.

Book:
1- I love to read books.
2- I have to book one train ticket to Udaipur.





We will try to add more Homonyms.

No comments:

Post a Comment